Monday, September 23, 2013

Where's Mom?

Today's post won't be 100% my thoughts since I know I read somewhere about this, but can't be sure where, magazine or blog....so I am giving credit somewhere!!

We went to the apple orchard this weekend and as always I got some wonderful pictures of the kids picking away. Then I thought... for the past couple years I have not been in any apple picking pictures :( this lead me to think about the article I once read about Mom always being behind the camera or, "don't take my pic, my hair/makeup isn't done" or my thoughts lately "wonder how fat that pic will make me look!", etc. I read this and thought WOW did that hit home! It went on to talk about how this person didn't have many pics of her mom and due to illness won't have a chance to. 
I now try to make an effort to take pics of myself here and there, even if only goofy pics,in my lazy clothes or when dressed up for a special occasion. Kids don't care if you are perfectly put together and nor should you. I read your children will probably remember you best in your worst pics (because that is life)!! Imagine this..ponytail and sweats with a baggy sweatshirt or oversized tee, now that is the real me.  I should have the kids take a picture of me doing dishes and cleaning toilets, since that is also REAL life documenting :) I'm a pretty simple gal, but why is it that I am still not in many photos? So with that said I am trying to make more of an effort to do so. 

This weekend I used the wonderful little flip around camera on the phone and staged this photo. I don't care if it isn't "action" but it is me smiling and I hope the kids remember me doing that often, smiling at them as they do for me  in so many pictures :) Nope it's not perfect, but nor am I.

No comments:

Post a Comment